Saturday, March 26, 2011

STILL MOMENTS

At a point in time in our lives, there are those instances we happen to make memories. I call them STILL MOMENTS. These are the memories best shared with friends, family, a loved one and sometimes, total strangers. I have had many of those moments this year. Life and living is barely an arduous task; yet we allow so many complications to weigh as down. The times that we so easily forget: birth, first kiss, first crush, first time being laid, first meritorious award, dancing in the rain, first accident and the thought of death that followed, first real salary, first time moving out, the day you did that incredulous thing with that person or those people, all these are memories we so easily forget in the pile I call anxiety.

Our STILL MOMENTS, which are suppose to be our lifeline, are the very things we lose. After a while, we sit and ask ourselves, "did we really do these?" Happy and not happy moments are the best memories we can ever have irrespective of what one thinks about those not so happy moments. The only thing that separates humans from other species is our ability think and mature in our capability to reason. It's our ability to hold on to these STILL MOMENTS that makes us and will keep us human.

I had one today, a thought, rather an epiphany, was very gratifying. May be one day I will grow and not be that person who loses himself in his worries. I pray for more times like these; at least, I know that it always makes me smile. I'm sure it will do same for you. STILL MOMENTS, they are worth having so keep that camera, or camcorder close by.

1 comment: